Hello everyone! If you didn’t know, I myself am new to the classic film blogging world. Wanting to be more involved and have some fun, I’ve decided to host my very first ever Blogathon! Want details?- Continue reading below!
If you’ve ever wanted to discuss the significance of a certain film quote that has found its way in pop culture, here’s your chance to do so! The theme of the Blogathon is called “Classic Quotes” and it will run from March 4-6 2016. (I went for March because Christmas season is busy and I know Oscar season will have passed by then. Also, I know there are some other Blogathons coming up in February I don’t want you guys to feel rushed!!)
The rules are you must pick a quote that has made its way into pop culture and since its release has went on to become relevant to everyday life. You can choose any quote on the AFI top 100 list, but of course it’s not limited to it, as there were many quotes that didn’t make the cut. Try to stay away from films made from the 2000s.
So what do you include in the post? Here’s a list to get you started: 1- The speaker (actor and the character they portray) 2-The film it is from 3-Who the quote is directed to 4- anything significant surrounding the quote (i.e. maybe it almost got edited out, or maybe it was improvised by an actor or director) 5- the legacy it gives (why do we love this quote in the modern day when it was said by someone years and years ago?!) Don’t be afraid to throw in your own 2 cents! 😉
Please submit your blog name and quotes in the comments section, DM me or tweet me on Twitter ( @flapperdame16 ), or contact me on tumblr (under the message me tab) and requests will be made on a first come first serve basis. (Note- if you do the tumblr option and you leave a message as an “anonymous”please leave an email address so I can confirm your participation) No repeats as there are many, many great quotes to talk about! I will make a list for everyone to see once requests start coming in. Below is the list of taken quotes and participants.
Will be updated as requests come in
- “I am mad as hell and I am not going to take this anymore!” from Network (1976) – The Wonderful World of Cinema
- “Fasten Your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night.” from All About Eve (1950)- In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood
- “I am big. Its the pictures that got small”- from Sunset Blvd (1950) – Smitten Kitten Vintage
- “We’ll always have Paris”- from Casablanca (1942) – The Flapper Dame
- “Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges.”- from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) – Silver Screenings
- “Frankly My Dear, I don’t give a damn!”- From Gone With the Wind (1939)-Amanda Garrett from Old Hollywood Films
- “Here’s looking at you, kid”- From Casablanca (1942)- Back to the Golden Days
- “Here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into!”- Laurel and Hardy- Movie Movie Blog Blog
- “The stuff that dreams are made of”- from The Maltese Falcon (1941)- Blog of the Darned
- “I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me.” from In a Lonely Place (1950) – B Noir Detour
Posts may be submitted anytime between March 4 and 6 and
r equests will be accepted until Feb 26. Also on Feb 26 I will give submission details UPDATE 2-7-16 NOW ACCEPTING REQUESTS UNTIL MARCH 3 2016 please email me your posts to email@example.com or you can DM the link to me on twitter! ( @flapperdame16 )
So everyone, grab yourself one of these iconic badges and Have fun!!!