In the course of a few hours I been nominated for two Liebster awards at once! Here is the post for both awards (2 and 3 respectively for me!) Read number one here
Wow! I’m so thankful to be nominated for my second Liebster Award- given by the lovely blogger Film Music Central! Thanks so much! 🙂
So here are my answers to the questions she asked!
- Favorite Star Wars film? A- I’m not a Star Wars person! (I know I know- I’m prepared for reactions) Absolutely Nothing against Star Wars and the fans- I’m just not into it. We all have our “fandoms” and it’s not one of mine.
- What is your favorite film soundtrack? A- Tough! I love Sleeping Beauty (1959) and also I love the soundtrack to Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953).
- What is your favorite Disney film? A-The Little Mermaid (1989), Sleeping Beauty (1959), also The Princess Diaries (2001).
- What is the most recent film you saw in theaters? A- I believe it was Miracle on 34th Street (1946)- when TCM had it in for the special event. The next film I want to see will be Finding Dory!!!!!
- What is the worst film you ever saw? A- One of the worst films I’ve ever seen was called Your Sister’s Sister (2012). I also really hated a film called The Last Mimzy (2006)- Didn’t like it at all!
- Who is your favorite actor/actress? A- Classic Hollywood- Grace Kelly and Cary Grant Modern day- Essie Davis and Nathan Page (both from Miss Fisher’s Murder mysteries). Marta Dusseldorp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Carlyle too! (Too many others to name)
- Could Tom Hiddleston pull off being James Bond? If not, who? A- Yes- I’m sure he could!
- What’s that one movie you could not live without? A- Laura (1944) comes to mind. I love that film so much! But that’s just one of them!
- Favorite (and least favorite) movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? A- Again I’m ready for the hate- Not into Marvel!
- By the same token, favorite and least favorite movie set in the DC Universe? A- Again see answer above (really sorry- but I’m not into superheros!)
- Batman meets Iron Man in a fair fight: who wins? A- Iron Man- he’s made of Iron! Batman would totally crumble!!! (doing my best Here!!!)
So Bex thanks so much for my Liebster award! Really great questions!
Thank you to the awesome Film Score Hunter for my third award! Its so generous!!! Here are the answers to his questions!
1. What is your favorite new release of 2016 so far? A – I think I’m saving this answer for Finding Dory!
2. Do you prefer 3D or 2D? A- 2D is fine for me! 3d can give me a headache.
3. What is your favorite film from the year you were born? A- 1996- 101 Dalmatians (live action version)
4. Star Trek or Star Wars? A- Neither! Not fan of either!
5. Which Comic-Con have you most recently attended (or, if you’ve never been to one, which one do you plan or wish to attend)? A- I have not attended any- I do want to attend one day- as long as there is a panel I’m interested in seeing!
6. Blu-ray or streaming? A- Ok with streaming but would rather have blu-ray
7. Name your favorite ’80s song in a film. A- Footloose! No question!
8. What is your favorite film based on a book? A- The Great Gatsby or To Kill a Mockingbird
9. What is your favorite (or least favorite) Nicholas Cage haircut? A- Um, I think he’s always kind of had bad hair! Just my opinion!
10. Which film recently made you reflect on it long after the credits were over? A-Many but one that I think of at this moment is Titanic (1997) Leo!!!!
11. Who is your favorite composer? A- Hans Zimmer- Love the Pirates of the Caribbean theme!
Thanks again Chris- cool questions!!!!
And now for my noms- it won’t be 11 but some!
1- Recap Retro
2- BNoir Detour
1- Who is your favorite director?
2- What actor/ actress or film is the biggest Oscar snub?
3- Favorite “blonde” actress?
4- Which actor/ actress do you consider over-rated?
5- What movie do you hate that everyone loves? (if any)
6- Which classic film star would you marry- if given the chance?
7- What time period would you travel back to, given the chance?
8- Who was your first on- screen crush?
9- What is your favorite TV show?
10- What fictional character would you like to spend a day with?
11- In a world full of “crass” how do you strive to be “class”?
And that’s that! Thanks so much for nominations – Much Love- X- Emily