Reader and Bloggers, I’ve been given both the Lovely and Sunshine Awards! These are similar to the liebster, but different in name, so I’ll write up about them- But not again in the future- these awards are super cute and sweet, but also chain like, so I’ll accept them once. Thank You to Ginnie (one of my best blogger friends!) from The Wonderful World of Cinema for the Sunshine Award and to Nicole (who also runs a great blog!!) at An Ode to Dust for the Lovely Award.
1-Except for the USA… which country do you think makes the most interesting and worthy movies? A- Britain, hands down! Lots of great productions!
2. If your life had to be like a movie, which movie would you choose? A- Not sure- maybe The Thin Man (1934)- I’d be married to a cheeky, and good looking detective and have fun solving murder mysteries.
3. Which movie star inspires you the most? It doesn’t necessarily have to be your favourite. A- Jean Arthur- I think she was great because she was shy but you would never know.
4. What is your favourite catastrophe movie of the 70s (the golden decade of catastrophe movies)? A: I haven’t seen any, I can’t answer fairly.
5. To you, who is the most iconic actress of all times and the most iconic actor of all times? A: John Wayne and Marilyn Monroe I think are the most iconic.
6. Is there a book you would like to see a movie adaptation of? Who would star in it? A-The Impersonator by Mary Miley (go read this book!!). I don’t have a specific lead actress in mind or a lead actor, but I wanna see this be adapted.
7. You think Audrey Hepburn made her best movies with Billy Wilder, William Wyler or Stanley Donen? I chose the movie directors with whom she made more that just one film. A- Man!! This one’s hard- I love Charade but I love Roman Holiday and also Sabrina. I’m just gonna go with Wilder.
8. If you had the chance to own all the costumes of one movie, which one would it be? A-Rear Window.
9. What do you think was the prettiest Oscar dress? A- Grace Kelly!
10. The ugliest? A-Toss up Loretta Young and Halle Berry
11. If you could go back in time, what would you change from the movie history? But you can choose only ONE thing (it can be a movie ending you didn’t like, prevent the premature death of one of your favourite actors, choose another actress for Scarlett O’Hara, anything!) I know, hard choice. A: Ginnie! Ahh Too hard! But I have to go with preventing the premature death of my favorite, Carole Lombard- she was taken so young and so tragically, all in the line of helping sell war bonds.
1- Although I knew of Anne of Green Gables since childhood, I just now discovered how awesome the story is, as in how powerful and inspiring it is. I’m appreciating for the first time how lovable the writing, plot, and characters are. For the record- MEGAN FOLLOWS and JONATHAN CROMBIE (RIP) ARE THE DEFINITIVE ANNE AND GILBERT- any others and all remakes of the novel are inferior.
2- It has its flaws (aka season 2), but Reign (2013) is one of my favorite TV shows.
3- I basically only watch costume drama TV shows- the only one (s) I watch that isn’t is Full/ Fuller House.
4- I’m a scrapbooker. I collect articles and put them in binders- my on going collection is for Kate, Duchess of Cambridge.
5- I still don’t have a clear idea on what I am to pursue in my life- I only know what I don’t want.
6- Some of my favorite historical people- Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, King Henry VIII, Queen Catherine de Medici, Mary Queen of Scots
7- Some Favorite fictional people- Nick and Nora Charles, The Hon. Miss Phryne Fisher, DI Jack Robinson, Dr. Lucien Blake, Dorothy Gale, Anne Shirley, The Dowager Countess of Grantham.
Thanks again! and I hope you learned something new about me!