It’s finally here and I am totally excited to be the Hostess of My First Ever Blogathon!
First, I wanna thank each and every one of you that participated and I am looking forward to reading all of your fabulous entries. I know I didn’t get a ton of participants, but to me- it’s about having and learning about cinema- and that’s just what I’ll do when reading all of the posts!
I actually am in the middle of curating a Blogathon idea- so stay tuned on this blog and on twitter (follow me @flapperdame16 ) for an announcement coming in the next few days 🙂
So without further ado, let’s begin:
Celebrate the quotes from classic cinema that we use everyday! From parodies, to references, to making jokes, these quotes have helped shape our lives and have made history in their own right by becoming famous phrases.
Here is the roster and it will be updated as entries come in:
- “I think I’ll have a large order of prognosis negative”– Dark Victory (1939)- In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood
- “We’ll always have Paris”– from Casablanca (1942) – The Flapper Dame
- “Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges.”– from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) – Silver Screenings
- “Frankly My Dear, I don’t give a damn!”– From Gone With the Wind (1939)-Amanda Garrett from Old Hollywood Films
- “Here’s looking at you, kid”– From Casablanca (1942)- Back to the Golden Days
- “Here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into!”– Laurel and Hardy- Movie Movie Blog Blog
- “The stuff that dreams are made of”– from The Maltese Falcon (1941)- Blog of the Darned
- “I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me.” from In a Lonely Place (1950) – B Noir Detour